The personal information collected and used by us may vary, according to your particular interaction with us. The information that is commonly collected may include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Name, age, gender, date of birth and contact details
• Parent, guardian or carer
• Medical history
• Government identifiers (Medicare, pension and/or healthcare card, etc)
• Billing information
• Driver’s licence or Passport
We will only collect, hold and disclose information to the extent required under legislation and for the provision of services, or ongoing care with other medical practitioners (as nominated). Disclosure examples:
• Medicare or health funds,
• Government agencies,
• Legal or compliance (Workers Compensation, legal claims),
• Our suppliers or professional advisors, as required
• Research (with consent)
Your personal information may be collected in a number of ways, but it is our preference to obtain that information directly from you wherever possible. It may be collected through information forms or questionnaires, or through electronic formats. On occasion it may be obtained through a third party, in which circumstances, all reasonable steps will be taken to inform you of these actions, as applicable.
Under the APP, patients have the right to access their personal information, within the guidelines provided. For further information: www.oaic.gov.au.
Storage and Security
Personal information is held as:
• Hardcopy (physical documents)
• Digital Images
Our security measures include:
• Secure premises
• Anti-virus software
• Limitation on access to personal information to those who require access for the purpose of providing services or ongoing care.
Any concerns or complaints regarding your personal privacy should be advised directly in the first instance by calling us on 02 9525 7770 or email us at email@example.com
Please be assured that any notified concerns will be addressed as a priority.